These lamps, made from various food tins, would hang sweetly over a counter, table, or desk. Or you could hang one in that dark corner where you're always wishing you had a light.
The primary colors on this one are yellow, light blue, and orange, and it has three different, colorful images, as shown in photos. I painted the inside white, to reflect the light softly (even a CFL), and drilled holes in the top for ventilation.
- Measures 8" high by 6" diameter.
- Cord is 15' long with an on/off switch about 2' from the plug.
- Takes a standard base bulb.
- Can be hardwired to your house electrics. Please consult a knowledgeable electrician.
- Cord has a warning to use with 60 watt bulb maximum. I believe this is because these cord sets are commonly used with paper lanterns. However, I would recommend using a CFL or LED bulb, if you want more light, as it will stay cooler.
- All of my tin lamps are made from either contemporary or reproduction tins. No vintage items are harmed in the making of these lights.
Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay within 3 days.
Made-to-order and custom items will require a 20% *nonrefundable* deposit. This means if you cancel the order after I have purchased materials, or return it, I keep the 20%.
In most cases, postage to the western U.S. will be lower than what's shown. Don't hesitate to contact me for accurate shipping costs to your location. In any case, if shipping is significantly lower than what you are charged, I will automatically refund the excess.
I am also happy to ship overseas or use expedited shipping. Please contact me to set the process in motion.
I insist on insurance. That cost is included in shipping.
Most of my pieces are made from vintage objects on the outside, with new functional parts inside. This means they will show signs of their age, which is part of their appeal, but the works will last for a long time. Unfortunately, photographs can unintentionally either disguise or exaggerate the wear on a piece. I encourage you to take this into consideration when making the decision to buy. If you find you aren't happy with your choice, you have 14 days in which to return it for a refund of the item price, not including shipping.
If you have an object you think would make a good lamp, I may be able to help. Use the link to request a custom order or drop me a note. Custom orders are subject to a 20% nonrefundable deposit, as noted above.