These graceful twin silver-and-black upcycled lamps are made from a pair of brushed metal candlesticks, dessert molds, bicycle gears, and vintage Volvo hub covers, plus assorted bits of this and that. They're industrial, elegant, and whimsical - all at the same time. Perfect for anyone who's both adventurous and stylish.
Colors and textures:
- Primary finish is brushed aluminum/nickel.
- Gears are dark (blackish) with highlights at the tips where they are worn.
- Shades are steel, glossier but not chromed, trimmed around the edges with black rubber gaskets.
- Finials are valve handles that have been given a black semigloss finish. A polished steel ball bearing tops them off.
- About 14 inches tall to top of finial.
- 4 1/2-inch footprint (one is slightly larger than the other).
- Shades are about 8 inches in diameter and clip onto bulbs.
- Take small round candelabra-base bulbs; 40 watt max (incandescent) or LED. Two bulbs will be included.
- Small on/off switches on cords.
- Cords are about 5 feet long.
Note: can also be used without shades if you prefer the bare bulb effect.
Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay within 3 days.
Made-to-order and custom items will require a 20% *nonrefundable* deposit. This means if you cancel the order after I have purchased materials, or return it, I keep the 20%.
In most cases, postage to the western U.S. will be lower than what's shown. Don't hesitate to contact me for accurate shipping costs to your location. In any case, if shipping is significantly lower than what you are charged, I will automatically refund the excess.
I am also happy to ship overseas or use expedited shipping. Please contact me to set the process in motion.
I insist on insurance. That cost is included in shipping.
Most of my pieces are made from vintage objects on the outside, with new functional parts inside. This means they will show signs of their age, which is part of their appeal, but the works will last for a long time. Unfortunately, photographs can unintentionally either disguise or exaggerate the wear on a piece. I encourage you to take this into consideration when making the decision to buy. If you find you aren't happy with your choice, you have 14 days in which to return it for a refund of the item price, not including shipping.
If you have an object you think would make a good lamp, I may be able to help. Use the link to request a custom order or drop me a note. Custom orders are subject to a 20% nonrefundable deposit, as noted above.