Color Me Blissed
This stylish accent lamp is the shell of an old electric heater tricked out with color-changing LED strip lights. When it's set to transition from color to color, the effect is mesmerizing. It's primarily made of aluminum, so it's lightweight, and with the handle on top, it's easy to move from room to room as the mood strikes.
When I found the heater it was painted a fairly disgusting shade of pale blue. So I painted the top and legs a rich matte black, and the inner and outer screens flat aluminum. The handle is the original black bakelite with a nickel band.
- Semicircular, it stands about 17 inches tall to top of handle. Footprint is 11 inches wide by 9 inches deep.
- Comes with small remote control that allows you to switch between the 8 colors using different effects, including slow and fast fade and flash.
- LEDs are RGB, so colors are as follows (note that photos are not necessarily accurate):
* white (looks pale lavender)
* yellow (pale yellow green)
* orange (tangerine)
* teal (blue green)
* purple (red violet)
- Lights are rated for 50,000 hours.
- Range of remote is several feet (at least 10), but line of sight, so it works best when the remote is angled downward into the light, because the IR receiver is hidden inside.
- Remote takes one button battery (included).
- Cord is about 3 feet long to the plug. For a longer reach you'll need an extension cord.
Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay within 3 days.
Made-to-order and custom items will require a 20% *nonrefundable* deposit. This means if you cancel the order after I have purchased materials, or return it, I keep the 20%.
In most cases, postage to the western U.S. will be lower than what's shown. Don't hesitate to contact me for accurate shipping costs to your location. In any case, if shipping is significantly lower than what you are charged, I will automatically refund the excess.
I am also happy to ship overseas or use expedited shipping. Please contact me to set the process in motion.
I insist on insurance. That cost is included in shipping.
Most of my pieces are made from vintage objects on the outside, with new functional parts inside. This means they will show signs of their age, which is part of their appeal, but the works will last for a long time. Unfortunately, photographs can unintentionally either disguise or exaggerate the wear on a piece. I encourage you to take this into consideration when making the decision to buy. If you find you aren't happy with your choice, you have 14 days in which to return it for a refund of the item price, not including shipping.
If you have an object you think would make a good lamp, I may be able to help. Use the link to request a custom order or drop me a note. Custom orders are subject to a 20% nonrefundable deposit, as noted above.