This graceful little upcycled lamp is made from a brass candlestick, a small vase, a wood vase stand, and a ready-made shade, which I stained and decoupaged to go with the base. It would work well as a bedside lamp or on a small table or a desk.
- Finish is brass with a nice warm, fairly dark patina.
- The foot is a carved wood vase stand.
- Shade is fabric over styrene, lightly stained (with tea) to an off white. I added decoupage borders made from metallic bronze paper and finished it off with acrylic varnish.
- Stands 17 1/2 inches tall to top of shade.
- 5-inch footprint.
- On/off turn switch (nice brass knob) on socket.
- Takes a standard-base bulb. Use 40 watt max full-size incandescent bulb or a small-size 60 watt, so that the bulb doesn't get too close to the shade. Due to its color, the shade may not look as good with a CFL or LED (they tend to lean toward green or pink, which muddies the tone).
- Shade sits on the socket.
Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay within 3 days.
Made-to-order and custom items will require a 20% *nonrefundable* deposit. This means if you cancel the order after I have purchased materials, or return it, I keep the 20%.
In most cases, postage to the western U.S. will be lower than what's shown. Don't hesitate to contact me for accurate shipping costs to your location. In any case, if shipping is significantly lower than what you are charged, I will automatically refund the excess.
I am also happy to ship overseas or use expedited shipping. Please contact me to set the process in motion.
I insist on insurance. That cost is included in shipping.
Most of my pieces are made from vintage objects on the outside, with new functional parts inside. This means they will show signs of their age, which is part of their appeal, but the works will last for a long time. Unfortunately, photographs can unintentionally either disguise or exaggerate the wear on a piece. I encourage you to take this into consideration when making the decision to buy. If you find you aren't happy with your choice, you have 14 days in which to return it for a refund of the item price, not including shipping.
If you have an object you think would make a good lamp, I may be able to help. Use the link to request a custom order or drop me a note. Custom orders are subject to a 20% nonrefundable deposit, as noted above.