These Doctor Who-inspired accent lamps are crafted from diner-style paper napkin holders, metal screen, and vintage glass percolator bubblers. I painted them a beautiful dark police box blue on the top and sides and a sparkly metallic azure on the perforated fronts and backs.
A full-range dimmer switch and two included bulbs mean you can adjust your lamp to provide just the right combination of light and shadow to fit your mood.
- Styles are identical except for the shape of the glass on top (see photos).*
- Satin finish midnight blue sides and top. Medium metallic blue front and back. Silver metal and aluminum paint inside.
- Each box measures 7 3/4" h x 3 3/4" w x 4 3/4" d. The glass bit on top adds about an inch to the height.
- Full range dimmer switch on cord, about halfway along the 6' length.
- Takes a candelabra-base bulb (E11 or E12), 25 watt max. Comes with two bulbs: one LED and one incandescent.
- Rubber feet protect tabletop.
- Minor setup required, but no tools or wiring. Instructions included.
*Need more than one? I have two available: one each of A and B. Please make selections accordingly. I will combine shipping if you buy more than one. You can contact me before purchasing; otherwise I will issue a credit when shipping.
Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay within 3 days.
Made-to-order and custom items will require a 20% *nonrefundable* deposit. This means if you cancel the order after I have purchased materials, or return it, I keep the 20%.
In most cases, postage to the western U.S. will be lower than what's shown. Don't hesitate to contact me for accurate shipping costs to your location. In any case, if shipping is significantly lower than what you are charged, I will automatically refund the excess.
I am also happy to ship overseas or use expedited shipping. Please contact me to set the process in motion.
I insist on insurance. That cost is included in shipping.
Most of my pieces are made from vintage objects on the outside, with new functional parts inside. This means they will show signs of their age, which is part of their appeal, but the works will last for a long time. Unfortunately, photographs can unintentionally either disguise or exaggerate the wear on a piece. I encourage you to take this into consideration when making the decision to buy. If you find you aren't happy with your choice, you have 14 days in which to return it for a refund of the item price, not including shipping.
If you have an object you think would make a good lamp, I may be able to help. Use the link to request a custom order or drop me a note. Custom orders are subject to a 20% nonrefundable deposit, as noted above.